A library can never have too many friends
For over 40 years, the Friends of the Edmonds Library has built community support for the Edmonds Library. Donations have allowed us to:
- Purchase materials for the popular Summer Reading program for youth;
- Strengthen local partnerships through community education and literacy grants;
- Acquire high quality computer equipment and seating for the library;
- Sponsor prizes for “The Best Book I Ever Read Poster Contest” winners, in partnership with the Edmonds Arts Commission and Edmonds School District;
- Upgrade library shelving space;
- Provide upkeep to unique library features like plants and the freshwater aquarium;
- Build future library leaders through scholarships to graduate students studying library sciences at the University of Washington iSchool;
- Fund programs to connect people to critical public services, such as “Coffee and Conversations with a Social Worker” and;
- Respond to community needs during COVID-19, by investing in items such as an outdoor canopy for contactless pick-up, as wells as chargers and loaner laptops for individuals experiencing economic hardship or connectivity issues.
Donations are tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID # is 91-1093312. Donation receipts are available on request.
- We are currently accepting book donations (Five Boxes or more). Please arrange for assessment and transfer of your donation by contacting us at [email protected]
- Small donations (less than five boxes) can be made at the Library.
- Other places you can consider donating books to include the Edmonds Senior Center Thrift Store, the Edmonds Goodwill, and the Books to Prisoners program.
- There is also a 24/7 blue Discover Books collection bin in the south parking lot of the Edmonds PCC Community Market on 104.
Other ways to contribute
- Talk to your employer about volunteer matching contributions. Many companies will make a financial donation to an organization you volunteer with based on your volunteer hours or match your financial contribution(s) dollar-for dollar.
- We are always seeking high-quality, in-kind donation for future raffles and fundraisers (e.g. gift certificates to local vendors, art, food, beverage or gift baskets, rare or valuable books, etc.) If you have a product or service you’d like to donate, please let us know!