A library can never have too many friends.
For over 40 years, the Friends of the Edmonds Library has built community support for the Edmonds Library. Donations allow us to:
- Purchase materials for the popular Summer Reading program for youth;
- Strengthen local partners through community Education and Literacy grants;
- Acquire high quality computer equipment and seating for the library;
- Sponsor prizes for “The Best Book I Ever Read Poster Contest” winners, in partnership with the Edmonds Arts Commission and Edmonds School District;
- Upgrade Ongoing Book Sale shelving space to be ADA and seismic compliant;
- Provide upkeep to the plants and freshwater aquarium in the library;
- Build future library leaders through our annual Graduate Scholarship to the University of Washington iSchool;
- Fund programs to connect people to critical public services, such as “Coffee and Conversations with a Social Worker” and;
- Respond to community needs during COVID-19, by investing in items such as an outdoor canopy for contactless pick-up, as wells as chargers and loaner laptops for individuals experiencing economic hardship or connectivity issues.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, our member-led Ongoing and Annual book sales were our primary sources of revenue, generating, on average, over 70% of our income in 2018 and 2019.
These days, however, we increasingly rely on donations to support our work, as our book sale operations have been put on hold in accordance with public health guidelines.
In our current economic climate, local budgets may be impacted, which could negatively affect our local libraries. If you believe, as we do, that the Edmonds Library is a pillar of our community, please consider making a donation today.
Donations are tax-deductible. Donation receipts are available on request.
Other ways to contribute
- Support the Friends of the Edmonds Library every time you shop with Amazon, at no cost to you – it’s easy, and a portion of all your purchases comes back to us! Simply visit smile.Amazon.com and select Friends of the Edmonds Library as your charitable organization of choice.
- Talk to your employer about volunteer matching contributions. Many companies will make a financial donation to an organization you volunteer with based on your volunteer hours or match your financial contribution(s) dollar-for-dollar.
- We are always seeking high-quality, in-kind donations for future raffles and fundraisers (e.g. gift certificates to local vendors, art, food, beverage or gift baskets, rare or valuable books, etc.). If you have a product or service you’d like to donate, please let us know!
- Under typical circumstances, we accept book donations in a bin in the library lobby. However, all book donations are on hold until book sales resume, due to COVID-19 restrictions.