A library can never have too many friends.
For over 40 years, the Friends of the Edmonds Library has built community support for the Edmonds Library. Donations allow us to:
- Purchase materials for the popular Summer Reading program for youth;
- Strengthen local partners through community Education and Literacy grants;
- Acquire high quality computer equipment and seating for the library;
- Sponsor prizes for “The Best Book I Ever Read Poster Contest” winners, in partnership with the Edmonds Arts Commission and Edmonds School District;
- Upgrade Ongoing Book Sale shelving space to be ADA and seismic compliant;
- Provide upkeep to the plants and freshwater aquarium in the library;
- Build future library leaders through our annual Graduate Scholarship to the University of Washington iSchool;
- Fund programs to connect people to critical public services, such as “Coffee and Conversations with a Social Worker” and;
- Respond to community needs during COVID-19, by investing in items such as an outdoor canopy for contactless pick-up, as wells as chargers and loaner laptops for individuals experiencing economic hardship or connectivity issues.
Donations are tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID # is 91-1093312. Donation receipts are available on request.
Other ways to contribute
- Support the Friends of the Edmonds Library every time you shop with Amazon, at no cost to you – it’s easy, and a portion of all your purchases comes back to us! Simply visit smile.Amazon.com and select Friends of the Edmonds Library as your charitable organization of choice.
- Talk to your employer about volunteer matching contributions. Many companies will make a financial donation to an organization you volunteer with based on your volunteer hours or match your financial contribution(s) dollar-for-dollar.
- We are always seeking high-quality, in-kind donations for future raffles and fundraisers (e.g. gift certificates to local vendors, art, food, beverage or gift baskets, rare or valuable books, etc.). If you have a product or service you’d like to donate, please let us know!