A library can never have too many friends!
For over 40 years, the Friends of the Edmonds Library has built community support for the Edmonds Library. Donations have allowed us to:
- Purchase materials for the popular Summer Reading program for youth;
- Strengthen local partnerships through community education and literacy grants;
- Acquire high quality computer equipment and seating for the library;
- Sponsor prizes for “The Best Book I Ever Read Poster Contest” winners, in partnership with the Edmonds Arts Commission and Edmonds School District;
- Upgrade library shelving space;
- Provide upkeep to unique library features like plants and the freshwater aquarium;
- Build future library leaders through scholarships to graduate students studying library sciences at the University of Washington iSchool;
- Fund programs to connect people to critical public services, such as “Coffee and Conversations with a Social Worker” and;
- Respond to community needs during COVID-19, by investing in items such as an outdoor canopy for contactless pick-up, as wells as chargers and loaner laptops for individuals experiencing economic hardship or connectivity issues.
In addition to book sales, we rely on donations to support our work. If you believe, as we do, that the Edmonds Library is a pillar of our community, please consider making a donation today.
Donations are tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID # is 91-1093312. Donation receipts are available on request.
- We no longer collect book donations on a continual basis at the library.
- We do, however, partner with Discover Books to coordinate large-scale community donations.
- If you have 10 or more boxes of books to donate, please email us at [email protected]. We can connect you to our Discover Books collection partner to coordinate a curbside pick-up, with proceeds directed to Friends of the Edmonds Library.
- Other places you can consider donating books to include the Edmonds Senior Center Thrift Store, the Edmonds Goodwill, and the Books to Prisoners program.
- There is also a 24/7 blue Discover Books collection bin in the south parking lot of the Edmonds PCC Community Market on 104.
Other ways to contribute
- Support the Friends of the Edmonds Library every time you shop with Amazon, at no cost to you – it’s easy, and a portion of all your purchases comes back to us! Simply visit smile.Amazon.com and select Friends of the Edmonds Library as your charitable organization of choice.
- Talk to your employer about volunteer matching contributions. Many companies will make a financial donation to an organization you volunteer with based on your volunteer hours or match your financial contribution(s) dollar-for-dollar.
- We are always seeking high-quality, in-kind donations for future raffles and fundraisers (e.g. gift certificates to local vendors, art, food, beverage or gift baskets, rare or valuable books, etc.). If you have a product or service you’d like to donate, please let us know!